The Hay Festival curator allegedly assaulted by a sheikh has said that she does not “feel safe” in her home and has called for a judicial review into the decision not to charge him.
Caitlin McNamara, 32, claimed that Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, 69, had kissed and groped her at a meeting in Abu Dhabi in February.
Last week, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) announced that the sheikh would not be tried for the alleged sexual assualt and torture.
Ms McNamara, who lives in London, has said that the refusal to charge the Emirati cabinet minister has left her living in fear.
“This rationale doesn’t make sense to me. I was lured into a prolonged sexual assault on the basis that it was a professional meeting. I simply wouldn’t have gone otherwise,” she told the Sunday Times.
The sheikh, who continues in his role as the United Arab Emirates’ tolerance minister, has denied the allegations.
London libel lawyers Schillings, added: “Our client is surprised and saddened by this allegation, which arrives eight months after the alleged incident and via a national newspaper. The account is denied.”
Ms McNamara has claimed that the Gulf royal sexually assaulted her when she went to visit him at his private island villa earlier this year to discuss the Hay’s first literary festival in Abu Dhabi. She was employed at the time by his ministry.
She reported the alleged assault to the police on her return but was told last week that charges would not be filed.