- Hertz is offering a free car rental day for Election Day.
- Customers will receive the free day for bookings that are between two to 28 days long.
- The deal is only valid for customers who pick up a vehicle at one of Hertz’s neighborhood locations between November 2 and 3.
- According to the car rental company, the program was launched to help customers “perform their civic duty” even through the coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Hertz is offering a free car rental day for Election Day to let its customers “perform their civic duty” even through the coronavirus pandemic.
Customers who book a rental with Hertz’s “Drive the vote with a free day” program will receive a free day for bookings that are between two and 28 days long. However, this “Free Day on Election Day” deal is only valid for customers who pick up a vehicle at one Hertz’s “neighborhood locations” between November 2 to 3.
According to a 2016 survey by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 14% of registered voters who didn’t vote in the 2016 elections noted issues with transportation as a “major factor” for not voting.
“We want to make it easier for people to exercise their right to vote – especially those who need safe and reliable transportation,” Hertz’s executive vice president of global marketing and customer experience Laura Smith said in a statement. “We’re happy to provide local and convenient mobility options to the communities we serve on Election Day.”
Customers interested in taking advantage of Hertz’s free rental day need to use the coupon code “210350” when booking the reservation.
Hertz’s isn’t the only transportation-based company that’s offering deals on election day: both Uber and Lyft are providing discounts for rides to local polling locations.