The Village Shop located in the Mountainside Restoration Committee’s Levi Cory House will be open for the holidays.
Volunteers will welcome visitors to the shop on Fridays and Saturdays Nov. 6, 7, 20, 21; and, Dec. 4, 5, 18, 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Face masks, limited numbers allowed inside, temperature checks and hand sanitizing are required for the safety of guests and volunteers.
The Levi Cory House officially opened to the public in December 2018. The circa-1818 Levi Cory House, which was moved to Constitution Plaza five years ago, was originally located at the corner of New Providence Road and Mountain Avenue. The house was the location of the first Children’s Country Home during the 1890s, before expanding to its current location as the Children’s Specialized Hospital. After years of repair, renovation and restoration, the Levi Cory House now opens as a Museum for Children’s Interests and the Village Shop.
The Village Shop serves as a fundraising venue for the continued restoration and maintenance of the Levi Cory House and maintenance of the Deacon Andrew Hetfield House. The shop has been restocked with hundreds of new items for the holidays for gift-giving, home décor, jewelry, antique and vintage items, and furniture. Sales benefit the Mountainside Restoration Committee.
The Levi Cory House and Deacon Andrew Hetfield House are located at Constitution Plaza. The nonprofit Mountainside Restoration Committee is a group of volunteers whose purpose is to maintain the Deacon Andrew Hetfield House, restore and maintain the Levi Cory House and collect and save historic Mountainside information and items. For more information, call 908-789-9420 or go to www.mountainsidehistory.org.